Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Children's Book Review: Pizza Pat


There are several book clubs for adult books, and websites for adult book reviews, but I read children's books more than adults books. I've found some that have become family favorites, and I've run into a few that I wish I didn't spend my money on. So, I thought every once in awhile I'll review a children's book, and maybe those of you who read my blog can suggest some good ones as well.
Now on to "Pizza Pat", by Rita Golden Gelman. This has been a family favorite since our first son, Dylan, received it in the mail from one of those book of the month clubs. It is so fun for the adult to read out loud, and the children find the words like "gloppy" and "sloppy" fun too. It can get to be a bit of a tongue twister, especially if you are trying to speed up the pace, but that makes it more enjoyable!
Poor Pat, he works so hard on making this pizza, but the mice who steal it are so fat and happy at the end that you don't feel bad for him too long. I would definitely recommend this one for those who enjoy reading out loud to their kids.

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! I'll have to go look for this one; I think it's my best buds' favorite also! It must be really good if both of you recommend it. One of our favorites it Llama Llama Red Pajama. It's a great out loud read too.

    ReplyDelete

All of My Boys

All of My Boys
You can either see this titled as "This place is a zoo," or "This is where they really belong."

This is just for you, Dylan

This is just for you, Dylan
Now you can check out my blog and see pictures so you won't be so lonely when you're out of town. Love, Lori