Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Proposal


No, this isn't an entry about the Sandra Bullock/Ryan Reynolds movie (which, by the way, I loved!). The 10th of this month marks the 15th anniversary of when Dylan proposed to me. It was a very clever proposal, I must say. You see, Dylan served his mission in Russia, for those of you who didn't know. While he was there, I waited for him. He must have known I was the one, because while he was there he had a special Russian nesting doll made. And, no, this picture isn't the doll. Each doll had a different picture painted on it that depicted a moment from our dating history, i.e. a prom, us at the coast, etc. The final, smallest doll had a picture of the Oakland Temple painted on it. This is what Dylan used to propose to me. When I got down to that last doll, there was the engagement ring around it, and he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. Soooo romantic! It's a good thing we tried so hard in the beginning to be romantic, because, let's just say it, who has time for romance now? So for those 2 people who read my blog ;) how did your spouse propose to you?

4 comments:

  1. I do remember when Dylan proposed to you...and I must say, I was so impressed by how romantic it was...Dad proposed to me on a hill by the old Maeser Building at BYU...it was a beautiful spring evening....my reply to his question..."really"....I must say dad is more continues romantic with each passing year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Dave and I were watching tv, sharing Conversation hearts (it was the end of January at the time...) I found one that said "ask me", and gave it to him. So he did. With no ring, no planning...
    Later, he re-did it in the mountains with a ring and a beautiful natural backdrop. I loved it both times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at that! I am the 3rd to leave a comment so you have more than 2 readers! On to my story, I went to BYU Hawaii for summer term while Jeff sold pest control in Modesto-sounds fair right? So when I came home he picked me up at the airport in SanFransisco and we went to Pier 49 and had dinner. After were walking on the pier and stopped on some benches. He fumbled with something in his pocket and pulled out the box and I said,"No Way!" He asked me and as soon as he did he said," Look up." There were fireworks! Man, how did he do that????? Such a romantic! Or just lucky with his timing........

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm surprized you were able to have any romance at all! Us younger siblings made it our mission to ruin any romance for Dylan. (payback for the Nazi babysitting) :-) Remember Bicentennial Park?! Sorry about that!
    Jeff must have been sure as well:
    He broke into our house (um, yeah. Jeff Nielson breaking and entering) stole my scriptures and had "Suzanna Nielson" engraved on them. Then he stuck the ring inside, got down on one knee, and the rest is 7 years of history!

    ReplyDelete

All of My Boys

All of My Boys
You can either see this titled as "This place is a zoo," or "This is where they really belong."

This is just for you, Dylan

This is just for you, Dylan
Now you can check out my blog and see pictures so you won't be so lonely when you're out of town. Love, Lori