Saturday, April 3, 2010

An embarrassing moment

This morning started out as I had hoped . . . I got to sleep in! Complete bliss, but that didn't last long. I had a plan for this morning. I was going to start some laundry, then shower. I would then clean floors and sit down to watch General Conference. I had time . . . 45 minutes to be exact. Well, I was in the laundry room when I heard some odd knocking sound. I went out to the living room to investigate. 3 of the 4 boys were on the couch, with Nathan missing. What was he doing? Now, as a very relevant side note, I was not dressed at this point. Let's just say I had my underclothes on. What can I say, I had planned on making my trip to the laundry room a quick one. As another side note, in order to get from the side of the house that has the laundry room to the boys room, I have to pass by the front door and the small window by the front door. Just as I start to cross that line of view from the small window, that has no covering, I see the Elders through that window. "Oh, crap did they see me?" I ran straight to the laundry room, while saying a few choice words (none that would make a PG movie a PG-13, but let's just say they would have made a G-rated movie PG). As I booked it to the laundry room, I yelled to Dylan,"The Elders are here!" (Insert a few more choice words). Well, to make a long story short, I was stuck sitting on my dryer while Dylan finished his shower, entertained the Missionaries and then forgot about me. Yes, he forgot about me. I couldn't hear what was going on because the dryer was on, so 45 minutes later Dylan comes in and says,"What are you doing? The Elders left 10 minutes ago." He said that he told the boys to come and get me as he walked the missionaries out. Suffice it to say that I was a little upset. Then as I was getting ready to hop into a quick shower, Dylan Jr. calls into my room and says, "Oh, mom, the Elders left." No kidding, really? Let's just say my morning didn't go as planned.

5 comments:

  1. Lori, that story is hilarious! More for me than for you! I hope you had a serious foot rub payback that night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is too funny Lori...I hope that you were at least warm while you were sitting on the dryer...

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO funny!! I am so glad things like that happen to other people!! Seriously, who doesn't walk around in their unders when they are at home! I am sorry that you were imprisoned in the laundry room for SO long but I did love the courtesy yell once the coast was long past clear. The little ones are always so thoughtful aren't they? hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. How funny (and a bit sad for you!) You should make Dylan sit out there for that long in his underwear as payback!

    ReplyDelete

All of My Boys

All of My Boys
You can either see this titled as "This place is a zoo," or "This is where they really belong."

This is just for you, Dylan

This is just for you, Dylan
Now you can check out my blog and see pictures so you won't be so lonely when you're out of town. Love, Lori