Thursday, August 4, 2011

Quick Getaway



We planned all summer to take the boys on a couple of overnighters with Dylan. So the other evening we got the opportunity to have Family Home Evening up at the Oakland Temple. Dylan and I were married there 16 years ago, so it was nice to take the boys up there to show them where we were married. I have never been up on the terrace before! How did I not know that you can go up on the terrace? Well, we got some good pictures, and got to see the "new" Joseph Smith movie. It's really the old one, but it has 40% new scenes.

I normally wouldn't add a picture that includes myself in it, but I thought that out-of-town family would like to see that Dylan Jr. is taller than me now. I'm old, I know.
The next day we took a quick jaunt over to Fairfield to go to the Jelly Belly factory and take a tour. Can't beat a free tour! I would highly recommend it if you are Jelly Belly fans. You even get a free small bag of Jelly Bellies at the end of the tour! (I ate them all on the drive home just to keep myself awake!) I love those cream soda and Dr. Pepper flavors, not a big fan of the popcorn, though. Word of advice: if you do go, take a hat. If you don't have your own, you have to wear one of theirs. William had no problem looking cute in his hat.

2 comments:

  1. Aww..what a great getaway, cute family. Miss you Lori.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! Your boys are getting so big! Pretty soon Ciera will be as tall as me too! I didn't know you could go on the terrace at the temple either! Hopefully we will get to see you guys soon... tell the boys good luck at their new year of school for us!

    ReplyDelete

All of My Boys

All of My Boys
You can either see this titled as "This place is a zoo," or "This is where they really belong."

This is just for you, Dylan

This is just for you, Dylan
Now you can check out my blog and see pictures so you won't be so lonely when you're out of town. Love, Lori