Thursday, December 3, 2009

A New Goal

As I was going through my china cabinet looking for all of my favorite Christmas recipes, I realized that I had a lot of unused cookbooks. Most of them are just those small booklets that you see in line at the grocery store, and some are just blank books with collections of recipes on cards. So I've set a new goal for myself. I would like to pick a new recipe from one cookbook each week to try. I'll share them if they are good ones, like this Snickerdoodle recipe:
The Easiest Snickerdoodles Ever

2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 Betty Crocker Yellow Cake Mix
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
½ cup sugar
2 tsp. ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 375°. In a bowl combine vanilla, cake mix, oil and eggs. Stir until well blended. Combine sugar and cinnamon in shallow bowl. Form cookie dough into 1” balls. Roll balls in cinnamon sugar mixture. Place cookies on baking sheets and bake for 8-10 minutes until cookies are set and lightly browned. Remove to cooling rack.

This was from a long time ago, when I shopped at Albertsons. Every week they had a couple of new recipes in a card dispenser, and no matter what the recipe, I'd pick it up. Some of them look kind of questionable, but some looked really yummy. These cookies are good, and very quick to make if you don't have time for the real thing.

4 comments:

  1. I love Cake Mix recipes! Thanks Lori.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a yummy resolution!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way cool installment. I'll be tuning in because I need a great deal of hope in the kitchen. Well, mostly just coming up with ideas for dinner that won't take me two hours to put together. Your puppy looks super cute too. I love that he trips over his ears! How sweet is that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Updated: I baked the snickerdoodle recipe for YW today and the cookies were yummy! Thanks for sharing.

    And now that I've come back and re-read what I previously wrote, I'm not quite sure if I meant "hope" or help in the kitchen. Hope kinda applies here because it has been a little on the hopeless side lately. Oh well. You get the point! I need all the hope/help I can get! :)

    ReplyDelete

All of My Boys

All of My Boys
You can either see this titled as "This place is a zoo," or "This is where they really belong."

This is just for you, Dylan

This is just for you, Dylan
Now you can check out my blog and see pictures so you won't be so lonely when you're out of town. Love, Lori