Sunday, February 6, 2011

Just when I think I've got things figured out . . .

William comes along and shows me that I have no clue. No clue whatsoever. William has, by far, been my little challenging child. He's so stubborn, but can be so loving. He often tells me he loves me and will nuzzle my nose and say "Oh, mommy's my cute pup." So, he gets away with maybe a little too much sometimes. But now he's brought on a whole new challenge. Toilet training.

This is a picture of William, crying on the toilet. He is extremely afraid of the toilet. He's fine to stand up and use the toilet for #1, but when it comes to #2, he just breaks down and cries. He's always had some tummy troubles, so this is a whole different arena for me. But I thought to myself, "if I just stand firm and tell him he's not getting off the toilet until he goes, that should work."

This is picture #2, where William was falling asleep on the toilet. Yes, it makes me feel and look like a horrible mother. You know how in school we were always taught to write about what we know? Well, I've always joked with myself that I would end up writing a book about poop. Obviously, I don't know that much about that, either. Any suggestions?

5 comments:

  1. Oh Lori - I feel for you. I am probably the world's worst toilet trainer. I've had two awful experiences and have already started to twitch just thinking about the next one. So I have absolutely no suggestions other than GOOD LUCK.
    Oh, and you are so not a horrible mother. Quite the contrary. I think these pictures are classic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish there was some rule book that worked for every kid, but there's not. I had pretty easy kids because I waited till they were almost 3. I did have one that hated the #2 part, so I just handed him the diaper. I really don't think it's worth all the trama! As long as they don't go backwards on the potty training part. Eventually he'll figure it out.

    Or- just drop him off at the Grandmother Fairys house for a week ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Check out this cute idea! http://www.4-the-luv.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. My older two both learned to go #2 squatting (with their feet on the seat). I don't know why, but it made it so much easier for them. After they did it a few times, we made the transition to sitting. I don't know if I would recommend it or not... but the option is out there! Good luck with him! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Luck Lori!! I'm going to be opening that can of worms in a few months here. :-/

    ReplyDelete

All of My Boys

All of My Boys
You can either see this titled as "This place is a zoo," or "This is where they really belong."

This is just for you, Dylan

This is just for you, Dylan
Now you can check out my blog and see pictures so you won't be so lonely when you're out of town. Love, Lori