Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Optimism Month

I love to read magazines. I don't think that I will ever really get into blog surfing, just because I love reading magazines too much. Some of my favorites are Ladies Home Journal and Family Circle. I used to be a big fan of Better Homes and Gardens, but each month started to seem like I was reading the same thing. I love that these two magazines often highlight stories of service, mostly from women, but also organizations that are founded by kids! Plus I can find good recipes, and all sorts of advice.
Anyways, one of my favorite parts of Ladies Home Journal is tucked away right at the back. Its a page dedicated to things that are good (don't we need to hear a little more of this these days?) Well, I read in March's issue of Ladies Home Journal that March is Optimism Month. Did you know there was such a thing? Heaven knows I could be a little more optimistic! They also give their readers a challenge: Do one nice little thing to make someone else smile, every day in March. So, I would like to issue that challenge to those of you who want to spread optimism, which, in my book, is a synonym of Hope. You can go to LHJ.com/dogood for ideas if you find that a challenge.

3 comments:

  1. Love it! I will totally take the challenge - please share your stories of success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great idea. I am going to try it too! I will also post it on facebook... hopefully lots of people will do good things for others!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the info! I've added a link to this post on my blog, The Holiday Whiz: http://holidaywhiz.blogspot.com/2011/03/march-honors-many-activities-and-causes.html

    ReplyDelete

All of My Boys

All of My Boys
You can either see this titled as "This place is a zoo," or "This is where they really belong."

This is just for you, Dylan

This is just for you, Dylan
Now you can check out my blog and see pictures so you won't be so lonely when you're out of town. Love, Lori