Monday, October 3, 2011

This is Halloween!

I decided on Saturday that I wanted to decorate my stairs for Halloween, so I did this . . .

and this . . .

Here's a close-up of one of the Jack's . . .

The Jack Skellington pumpkins are just the small white pumpkins from Michael's. I cut the faces, after drawing them out in pencil. Then I cut a hole in the bottom, so it would sit on the finial on the railing. Before doing that, I glued a gauzy black cloth in the inside so that during the day, his face looks black, then at night the purple lights shine through the cloth!



I'm just not sure, now, if I should add some of the floral accents that I put under each Jack into the whole garland going up the railing. Should I leave it black twiggy garland, or add floral accents?

2 comments:

  1. I did not know you guys moved???? It looks great, Lori. I would just leave it.. the black twiggy garland thingy, lol.

    ReplyDelete

All of My Boys

All of My Boys
You can either see this titled as "This place is a zoo," or "This is where they really belong."

This is just for you, Dylan

This is just for you, Dylan
Now you can check out my blog and see pictures so you won't be so lonely when you're out of town. Love, Lori