Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Farewell, silly ol' bear.


For years he's merrily chased the fall leaves while singing about a blustery day on what used to be Michael's bedroom wall, and then it became William's room. I was so excited to have our own house to be able to paint what I wanted to on the walls. Painting over him definitely felt like the end of another chapter of our lives. We really don't have any babies anymore! It didn't help, either, that I had to use this to paint over him:

I know, using something called "Kilz" on Winnie the Pooh sounds like the worst form of animal cruelty. I did, however, start to get over it when I was painting the 4th coat of Kilz over that silly ol' bear.

3 comments:

  1. You did such a wonderful job on the nursery....it is kind of sad....turning those pages to the next chapter of our lives...I can't wait. To see what you do with your new house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sad!!! I remember you painting Pooh!! Such an exciting thing to move, though, I'm sure he'll understand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, now that Pooh is gone you can paint something else in your new house! :) I can't wait to be out of this rental and back in our own house someday so I can have something other than white walls!!

    ReplyDelete

All of My Boys

All of My Boys
You can either see this titled as "This place is a zoo," or "This is where they really belong."

This is just for you, Dylan

This is just for you, Dylan
Now you can check out my blog and see pictures so you won't be so lonely when you're out of town. Love, Lori