Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Catching up

My life feels like I'm always trying to catch up on things. Laundry, pruning roses, keeping up with my calling, helping with the boys schedules, more laundry. Right now I feel like I'm being left in the dust by my oldest, Dylan. He just turned 14 and he surpassed me awhile ago in height, and brains. As a matter of fact all of the boys have surpassed me in brains. This week Michael got his Academic Achievement award for 1st grade:

Nathan got High Honors in 4th grade (and he refuses to smile):

And Dylan received CJSF for Fall and Spring, CJSF Honor, Timberwolf Way Apex award and a surprise award - the Principles Award for Highest Honor. He was pleasantly surprised for this one:

I've always been the type to enjoy a slow-paced life. You know, cuddle with the boys on the couch when they were little and had just woken up, or taking the time to rock my baby to sleep while listening to Enya. This is why I feel like I've accidentally gotten on one of those big roller-coasters at Magic Mountain and I'm rocketing up hill and down, through loops and twists at 80 MPH. I couldn't slow down one of those coasters any more than I can slow down how fast my boys are growing up, and how fast paced their/our lives seem to be at this stage right now. So, I guess I'd better buckle up, learn how to scream through the dips, open my eyes for the loops and not get too excited to get off this fast ride.

1 comment:

  1. Tell the boys congratulations from us! We miss you guys... and I totally agree that they grow up WAY too fast!!

    ReplyDelete

All of My Boys

All of My Boys
You can either see this titled as "This place is a zoo," or "This is where they really belong."

This is just for you, Dylan

This is just for you, Dylan
Now you can check out my blog and see pictures so you won't be so lonely when you're out of town. Love, Lori