Thursday, May 27, 2010

In search of a recipe . . .

Dylan has made some good friends at one of the medical groups he frequents. One of these women is an awesome cook. She has sent Dylan home with some out-of-this-world guacamole. It was so spicy, and it made an awesome burger. She also sent home some Pepsi chicken she made, and it was delicious. I instantly wanted more. It was also very spicy, yet had a sweet taste too. Around the holidays she makes tamales with this chicken and I am wishing we bought more than a dozen. The one problem is that she will not share her recipes, and she doesn't have any plans to open a restaurant any time soon, so I'm on the hunt. I've found several recipes for Pepsi chicken that were basically this:
PEPSI CHICKEN
Printed from COOKS.COM
1 cut-up chicken
1 stick butter
1 can Pepsi
1 (20 oz.) bottle ketchup
Salt and pepper to taste
Melt butter in electric skillet. Place chicken in skillet and pour Pepsi and ketchup over chicken. Cook at 250 degrees for 2 hours.

But, the spice is not in any of the recipes I find. I've thought about adding Cayenne chili powder to the recipe on my first attempt, but wanted to see if anyone out there had any suggestions. She might use a chili sauce instead of ketchup . . . hmm I really don't know. Any clues? Anyone?

3 comments:

  1. It sounds delicious Lori...so you use diet or regular pepsi? I would add tabasco instead of cayenne pepper...let me know how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know when you've mastered it!! That sounds soo yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi lori...i wanted to comment on your comment on my blog....i looked for an email for you. Anyway...I agree. That is why I posted that quote. I have struggled lately with wondering if "dreaming" was wrong and selfish when praying. Anyway...this recipe sounds good!!! I miss you. I have not looked at blogs for a while because I just am too tired to sit up at a computer...haha...but I will come back around sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete

All of My Boys

All of My Boys
You can either see this titled as "This place is a zoo," or "This is where they really belong."

This is just for you, Dylan

This is just for you, Dylan
Now you can check out my blog and see pictures so you won't be so lonely when you're out of town. Love, Lori