Monday, August 9, 2010

Examples

I don't know if any of you do this, but as I was contemplating what we should cover in Family Home Evening tonight, I started to get that overwhelmed feeling. "A talk from General Conference," I thought, then, "well, something from gospel principles would be good." Then I thought to myself, "But there are so many stories from the scriptures the younger ones haven't heard yet." My mind started reeling with the thoughts of all the things we need to teach our children, things that we need to cover before we send them off into the world on their own. Then I thought, "thank goodness for teaching by example." Not that I'm saying that I'm a good example for my children, I know that I need to be a thousand times better. But it is nice to think that the example of those around my children can help to fill in the gaps where we haven't had time to cover all we've wanted to in verbal communication to our children. Whether it has been family, primary teachers, church leaders, school teachers - I'm glad that every once in awhile someone has been a good example to my boys.

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly how you feel! There is SO much!! Thanks for the thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As the grandma...you are doing a wonderful job...I don't know better boys!

    ReplyDelete

All of My Boys

All of My Boys
You can either see this titled as "This place is a zoo," or "This is where they really belong."

This is just for you, Dylan

This is just for you, Dylan
Now you can check out my blog and see pictures so you won't be so lonely when you're out of town. Love, Lori