Monday, June 15, 2009

A little getaway

Friday Dylan and I took off for a quick getaway down to Pasadena for our Anniversary. For years I've wanted to see the Gamble House, so we decided why not now? This is a picture of the front of the house, with its beautiful art glass door.
This is the backside of the house, where you see Doc Brown from "Back to the Future" run down to his garage.

A beautiful clinker-brick wall surrounding a pond. Who is that handsome man?


This is one of the many Jacaronda trees that you see this time of year in Southern California. Aren't they beautiful? I wish that we were allowed to take pictures of the inside of the house. The wood work is gorgeous and the details that the architects, Charles and Henry Greene, put into the house is amazing. They not only designed the house, but the furniture, the light fixtures, the landscaping, the rugs, etc. When I worked for a group of architects, I would always hear about Frank Lloyd Wright and how wonderful his work was, but I say he has nothing on Greene and Greene. I know that's architecture blasphemy! It was a very fun getaway.

5 comments:

  1. All I can say is...BEAUTIFUL!!! Lucky you and good for you, what a great getaway!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really is beautiful fromt he outside...we should go together next time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun for you guys! We were so glad that we got to visit with you guys for a little while!
    (One of my favorite things about living in So Cal was the Jacaronda trees! I loved them!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the pictures and it looks like such a fun trip. Jared and I really need to get away just the two of us. We have only been away from the kids two nights in 8 years. Time to plan a getaway!

    ReplyDelete

All of My Boys

All of My Boys
You can either see this titled as "This place is a zoo," or "This is where they really belong."

This is just for you, Dylan

This is just for you, Dylan
Now you can check out my blog and see pictures so you won't be so lonely when you're out of town. Love, Lori