Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Dylan is 12!



I can't believe my little Dylan is 12 today! I'm still having problems with my scanner, so no cute baby pictures or pictures of him doing his Batman face, but here's a few pictures of this handsome devil. I very clearly remember the night he was born. In the middle of the night I remember waking up and looking over at the basinett and seeing two huge, dark blue eyes staring out from all of his blankets. That was a sign of what was to come . . . he still hates to sleep. He wasn't ever really fussy, just awake. Awake from 8:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m., mind you. As he got older, he developed a great interest in things like vacuums, fans and cars. Every Sunday, when Dylan was 2, we would walk through the parking lot at church and he could name the name of each car just by looking at the symbol. He would love to go to Sears for an outing to look at vacuums, and impressed the salesmen by his knowledge of the name and make of each vacuum. Whenever he'd meet someone new, his first question was, "what kind of vacuum do you have?" And this was all at two years old! Dylan is such a sweet boy, always concerned for others, especially his family. We are very blessed to have him in our family.

5 comments:

  1. What a sweet post Lori...I remember all those things too, what a blessing he is to all of us and such a wonderful example to all his cousins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so funny! So what kind of vacuum does he recommend? hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's too funny!!! What a handsome boy he is! Happy birthday Dylan!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! I always knew you 2 were old! Mine doesn't turn 12 for 6 more months! Doesn't it seem wrong to have a child in mutual? Hope it was a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! I always thought Nathan would be too tough for love!

    ReplyDelete

All of My Boys

All of My Boys
You can either see this titled as "This place is a zoo," or "This is where they really belong."

This is just for you, Dylan

This is just for you, Dylan
Now you can check out my blog and see pictures so you won't be so lonely when you're out of town. Love, Lori