Saturday, April 11, 2009

A small glimpse


A few weeks ago my son, Dylan taught me something, or perhaps I should say he made something that I've known for a long time now really sink in. You see, Dylan is off of Nintendo for awhile for reasons that I will not disclose, but suffice it to say that it has been and will be awhile before he'll play again. Well, the other week I took Nathan off of Nintendo as well. Dylan noticed how sad Nathan was, and he started to plead Nathan's case. He begged not for himself, but for me to forgive Nathan. I thought to myself, how many big brothers would do that very selfless act? Then it dawned on me that there is One who does this for us all of the time. The Savior is an intermediary for us, his brothers and sisters. How many times have I heard that, and yet it took this instance for it to really sink in.

5 comments:

  1. I LOVED this post! Thank you for sharing and for helping us all to remember such an important act. Very cute blog! I am so excited you joined the ranks of the blogger world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a great time visiting you guys! (And our girls started crying and said how much they missed your boys immediately too!) We can't wait till June!
    Great post, and a great reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it amazing how our children teach us the things that really matter in life. This post brought tears to my eyes...thank you Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Lori! What a SWEET post, it's nice to get reminders every now and then about the important things in life. By the way, you can check my blogs as often as you like (I love it when people come and leave comments)!! And I would love to take pics of your boys anytime!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Lori, this is Sunny, I didn't know you blog???? I'm so glad I found you!!! I miss you! How are you doing??

    ReplyDelete

All of My Boys

All of My Boys
You can either see this titled as "This place is a zoo," or "This is where they really belong."

This is just for you, Dylan

This is just for you, Dylan
Now you can check out my blog and see pictures so you won't be so lonely when you're out of town. Love, Lori